Support for SSIS Batch Geocoder

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I have not been able to provide support for this project for some time now. The main issue seems to have been with what services Bing does and does not allow, and whether and what they might charge. When Bing shut off my developer access for reasons that were unclear, at about the time I stopped using the component for its original purpose, I didn't have much incentive to continue.

The batch geocoder component itself doesn't really do much, although in the SSIS world it takes a lot of code to not do much. If there is a problem with the way the geocoding process works, that is almost always a question for Bing. If support from Bing is not available, trial and error may be the only approach.

I am considering a new project that might once again need the services of a batch geocoder component. If it does, I will resume work on this project as well. I might, however, need to reconsider using Bing as the service provider. I don't know if they even offer the batch geocode flow any longer.

In the mean time, the source code remains available here and if you improve on the component and would like to contribute back to the project, you can either send me your changes or I can add you as a developer.
Sep 16, 2015 at 8:06 PM
I guess this answers my question if there is a 2012 or 2014 version of the component; that's too bad as it's a useful tool.