SSIS Batch Geocoder error - " System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required."

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Trying to test the SSIS Batch Geocoder, I am getting this error messag.  Where to I look to see what and when the web query is being executed, so I can verify the settings are correct?

[Geocode From Query [269]] Error: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

at SSISBatchGeocoder.Geocoder.ExecuteBingGeocodeFlow()

at SSISBatchGeocoder.Geocoder.ExecuteBatch()

at SSISBatchGeocoder.GeocoderTransformation.FlushCurrentBatch()

at SSISBatchGeocoder.GeocoderTransformation.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostProcessInput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 inputID, IDTSBuffer100 pDTSBuffer, IntPtr bufferWirePacket)

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I am not sure yet but the sample code that I used to code the HTTP POST request to Bing Maps may have been lacking support for proxy servers. I think I see how to add code that will obtain proxy settings from the Internet Explorer settings on the client machine. I could also include a custom property for specifying the proxy server. Can you verify that you are behind a proxy server on your end?

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Let me check that and I will get back to you, thanks

Jun 24, 2011 at 9:01 PM

you can close this discussion, it was on our end.  proxy server settings.  Thanks

John

Jun 24, 2011 at 9:11 PM

This has been resolved, permissions issues on my end.

Thanks

John

Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:11 PM
To: Grindel, John
Subject: Re: SSIS Batch Geocoder error - " System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407)... [SsisBatchGeocoder:262556]

I am not sure yet but the sample code that I used to code the HTTP POST request to Bing Maps may have been lacking support for proxy servers. I think I see how to add code that will obtain proxy settings from the Internet Explorer settings on the client machine. I could also include a custom property for specifying the proxy server. Can you verify that you are behind a proxy server on your end?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential, trade secret or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.